Saturday, December 1, 2012

What is the difference between "Doing projects" and "Project based Learning"?

I have always been a great fan of team work. The more we, teachers, work together, the more ideas we share, the better results in education. Basically this is what this blog is about. For this reason I follow different education blogs where I read about very interesting ideas or experiences. For all these educators, my recognition and my respect.
A blog that I have already talked about is "Free technology for teachers" by David Byrne. I'd like to point out one of the entries that refers to another blog I didn't know about, "friEdTechnology" by Amy Mayer. I haven't had the time to go through all its parts but the article David Byrne mentions in his blog is very interesting: the difference between "doing projects" and "project based learning". The author provides a chart explaining the differences to both approaches, which very often are considered the same. As David Byrne continues: "Amy published the chart using Google Drive and you can get a copy to save in your Google Drive account if you visit Amy's blog." From now on, I will definitely keep an eye on this blog.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andres,
    After reading the chart you posted, I'm not sure many teachers would be able to construct a project-based-learning activity- What teachers need from experts are solid examples of tasks which we can use, adapt, add and subtract parts to build something that works in our particular classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Brian and thanks for your comments. I agree with you and my idea is, if I have the time, to upload examples of lessons plans designed by teachers in bilingual programs and showcase activities that I consider interesting and useful for us. But I also believe that we, as teachers, have to be able to create our own resources and, in an ideal world, we should share resources and ideas a bit more often. Tomo nota de tu sugerencia de todos modos.

      Delete